When I watch children playing, I’m always struck by how fearless they are. That’s why accidents and falls, bumps and bruises, go hand in hand with childhood. From falling down stairs and out of trees, to rolling out of bed and skateboard injuries, nobody gets through their childhood without some sort of mishap. The more adventurous children are, the more accident prone they will be.
Each year, one child in every six ends up in a hospital emergency room for treatment. But after we dry their tears and their bruises heal, the real concern begins. Those small mishaps can grow into serious underlying health issues. Physical stress is one of the three causes of childhood subluxations and neurologic interference. Of course, it’s impossible to prevent all accidents, but there is a lot you can do to reverse the damage that accidents cause to your child’s health potential.
Consider these facts:
- Over 80% of normal childbirths result in neck injuries to the baby
- According to OSHA, 40% of all children fall on their head before their first birthday
- Between the ages of 2-5, children fall over 200 times
- Over 2.5 million children under the age of 14 are treated each year for injuries related to falls
- The American Academy of Pediatrics states that 3.5 million children each year suffer sports injuries
- In 1999, 272,000 children under 14 years of age suffered injuries due to car accidents and another 25,000 were injured as pedestrians
- Over 60% of children by the age of 13 will suffer lower back problems due to their school back pack
- Studies at Columbia University have shown that the average child loses 70% of their biological potential by the age of 17
Scary statistics, right? But they don’t have to be, if your children are under chiropractic care. Research shows that spines out of alignment cause pain, dysfunction and health problems. Don’t let this happen to your children – get them checked today!